Posted On: June 7, 2012
A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up Your Learning Management System (Part 9)
Break out the party hats and noise makers! The LMS we've been setting up throughout this series will now be going live. We've accomplished a lot so far in this series:
- Part 1: The importance of a structured approach to setting up a learning management system. Also: "Consider Your Learners"
- Part 2: "Perform a Content Inventory Audit"
- Part 3: "Establish Who Needs What Content"
- Part 4: "Define Administrative Roles and Create Admin Accounts"
- Part 5: "Create Learner Groups and Placeholders for Identifiers"
- Part 6: Import, Configure, and Test Content
- Part 7: Create Curricula/Learning Paths
- Part 8: Create Enrollment Rules or Course Assignments
- Integration with an HR system or other enterprise application. (See this document describing common ways learning management systems can be integrated with other applications.)
- Learner self-registration
- Import learner information contained within spreadsheets
- Create individual learner accounts